Natural remedies that may help ease grief
Today, I’m grieving. Deeply.
Last night I experienced a great sadness. I found out that a family friend, a man who was like an uncle to me, has passed away. My heart is heavy, knowing that I will never again have a chance in this lifetime to spend time and space with this beautiful soul.
Tears have flowed. I have spent time journalling my thoughts and feelings. Remembering all the joy. Focusing as best I could on the love and the blessings.
Even so, I find my mind wandering to sadness each time I have nothing else to occupy my thoughts.
Reiki for Grief
I turn to Reiki, and allow myself to soak in soothing energy, to help ease my aching heart.
Bach Flower Remedies for Grief
I have Rescue Remedy by my side, and I take a dose whenever I feel tears welling.
Sweet Chestnut, for deep despair, is also helping me through my day.
Homeopathic Remedies for Grief
I also turn to homeopathy for relief. There are many different homeopathic remedies to help ease grief. The potency you need will depend on the severity of your symptoms, how long you have been grieving, and on your level of sensitivity – please consult your homeopath for expert advice on which remedy is best indicated for you, as well as which potency and dosage.
Some homeopathic remedies to consider include:
- Phos acid ~ may help relieve grief that makes you feel depressed and apathetic.
- Pulsatilla ~ may help grief where you are weeping helplessly and can’t sleep.
- Nux vom ~ may help ease grief that presents as anger and criticisim.
- Natrum mur ~ may help ease grief that is hidden, and can only be expressed when you are alone.
- Ignatia ~ may help ease grief that expresses itself in many emotions, including inappropriate laughter, crying and sighing.
As I couldn’t sleep last night, and can’t stop crying, Pulsatilla is the best remedy for me today.
Are you suffering from grief?
There are many natural remedies that may help you move through the different stages of grief. You are welcome to contact me to book in for a consultation. Consultations may include a combination of Reiki, and a blend of homeopathic remedies and/or Bach Flowers Remedies tailored specifically for you.