Many patients ask me how they can improve their diet. When we talk about what they are currently eating, I generally find that I am recommending they eat more vegetables and fruits. Why? Most people I meet are not eating nearly enough fresh fruits and vegetables.
Our bodies are crying out for nutrients, and wholefoods are a fantastic way to give the body the nourishment it needs.
Check out this TED talk, by Dr Terry Wahls. In this talk, Dr Wahls talks about her MS and its progression, how and why she researched this diet, and how changing the foods she ate helped her heal. She went from being in a wheelchair to being able to walk again.
Here’s a quick synopsis of the diet for you to refer to…
- 3 cups daily of dark green, leafy vegetables
- 3 cups daily of sulfurous vegetables like asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, garlic, chives, leeks, shallots, cabbage, bok choy, brussel sprouts, and mushrooms
- 3 cups daily of colourful fruits and vegetables
- wild fish – i.e. salmon or herring
- grass fed meats
- organic organ meats, once a week
If this diet can reverse the progress of Dr Wahls’s MS, it may offer you significant improvements in your health too.
Would you like to talk more about food and your health?
Click here to contact Andrea and book a consultation today.