Faith and despair…
Talking with a friend about faith got me thinking about which Bach Flower Remedies might help a person regain their faith when they had lost it.
I looked up ‘Faith’ in The Bach Remedies Repertory, by F.J. Wheeler …. and I found some suggested remedies…
- Lost faith – may indicate Gentian, Gorse and/or Sweet Chestnut
- Lacking faith in oneself – may indicate Cerato, Elm and/or Larch
Continuing my reflection on this topic, I wondered what the opposite to faith may be. Despair came to mind.
Again, turning to the repertory, I found that despair can have many faces.
- Materialistic despair – may indicate Gorse and/or Gentian
- Despair due to a sense of terror – may indicate Rock Rose
- Despair, with pessimistic hopelessness – may indicate Gorse
- Despair, where you feel helpless, and/or utterly heartbroken – may indicate Sweet Chestnut
- Despair, when you are not sure why – may indicate Mustard
- Despair, through self-blame and a feeling of guilt – may indicate Pine
- Despair, due to shock – may indicate Star of Bethlehem
For many people, times have been incredibly hard lately…
Have you found your faith challenged?
Have you experienced moments of wavering faith, or even moments of utter despair?
Bach Flower Remedies may help you through this. Talk with your natural health practitioner today about which of these gentle healing remedies might help ease your emotional pain.