Another kid-friendly, vege-rich recipe!
As promised in my last blog post, here is my recipe for another Chocolate cake with hidden vegetables!
Chocolate (Potato) Cake
- 200g sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 100g cold, mashed potatoes
- 120g flour
- 25g cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (fan forced)/180 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 23cm round pan and line with baking paper.
- Beat the sugar, oil and eggs together in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the mashed potatoes.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt together.
- Using a spatula, alternately add the dry ingredients and the yoghurt to the egg mixture – beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into cake pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Let cake cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert the cake on to the rack and cool completely.
- If you would like, sprinkle icing sugar over the cake.
(If you or your family have food sensitivities or allergies, please feel free to substitute ingredients according to your needs)
I hope you and your family enjoy this little recipe!
I’d love to know if you prefer this to the Chocolate (Zucchini) Cake I shared with you in my last blog post. And, if you have found any new vege-rich kid-friendly recipes since we last spoke, please share them with me! I’d love to collect even more of them!